Summer has just ended. The autumn season has just begun. The temperatures will therefore begin to drop gradually or even sometimes abruptly, so as much to prepare for it. But it is also not advisable to do the wintering of your pool too early. What are the principles of this? What are the tricks to prepare it?
- Steps to prepare your pool well for the winter
- Prepare your pelvis
- Controlling pH
- How to maintain the filter?
- Passive wintering
- Active wintering
Plan de l'article
Preparation for wintering: stages
Wintering can be passive or active. It must be done when the water temperature starts to descend below 15°C. Put a tarpaulin is not enough, it is also necessary to take care of the water for good preparation.
You may like : How to have fiber optic installed in a house?
How to prepare your pelvis?
First of all, it must be cleaned, leaving it in water. It is essential to clean the walls, skimmer baskets, water lines and pre-filter.
See also : Choosing the right paint of the baby's room
When you own a pool, you have everything you need to maintain your pool. An indispensable element is the pH setting (hydrogen potential) that qualifies water quality. The pH is acidic when the pH value is less than 7. It is basic when it is greater than 7. You need to bring a corrector so that the water from your pool is between 7 and 7.4.
Maintain the filter
It is necessary proceed to descaling the filter, and then stop the filtration. You then apply a product that you leave to act for 12 hours. In the filter, do a backwash and then rinse it. Then do a shock treatment with lozenges in the skimmer baskets.
What is passive wintering?
Passive wintering is more generally applicable to pool owners living in areas where it is coldest, where frost arrives faster. It is a device especially for those who do not want to maintain their pool in the winter. The steps to follow are as follows:
- the pelvis must be ready for wintering;
- it is necessary to lower the water from the basin below the discharge nozzles and cut off the filtration;
- then the pipes and the external pipes must be emptied;
- then make sure to plug the nozzles and skimmers for protect from frost
- add a wintering product to avoid algae development.
- especially consider adding floats so that ice pressure does not apply to the walls;
- finally tarpaup.
What is active wintering?
This type of wintering — active — is more relevant to pool owners living in areas where the climate is mild during the winter period. The idea is to keep your pool in sight all year round. It is part of the property and consists of a visual element. This system also makes it possible to simplify the use of its pool and no need for a tarpaulin. Here are the steps of this principle:
- it is essential to operate the filter device 4h/d when the risk of freezing is greatest;
- disinfection must be continuous in skimmer baskets
- ; especially be sure to apply a wintering product to avoid limescale deposits and the formation of algae;
- in this particular case, it is of course necessary to monitor the parameters of the water and in particular its pH throughout the winter.
Here is a tutorial to help you choose wintering