Are you moving soon? Don’t forget to forward your mail! For those who have not yet chosen a place to live in their new city or state, renting a post office box (at least temporarily) in the new place is your best chance. This will give you a place to forward your mail while you are looking for accommodation in your new city. Plus, for those who travel often or own a home business, P.O. Boxes are a great alternative to stacking all that mail in your personal mailbox. Would you like to know more? Here is a brief overview of how to install a P.O. Box when you move.
Plan de l'article
- What is a P.O. Box?
- What are the disadvantages of having a P.O. box?
- How do I book a new P.O. Box?
- What are the different sizes of PO boxes?
- What can I use as a valid ID?
- How much does it cost to rent a P.O. Box?
- A service automatically manages your mail
- What is the cost of this service?
What is a P.O. Box?
A P.O. Box (abbreviation for P.O. Box) is a personal mailbox located inside a post office. The box is safe and secure — so you can be sure that no one will steal or manipulate your mail. Many post offices also offer extended opening hours and 24-hour access to your mail.
Also to be discovered : Everything you need to know about Alex Fine
What are the advantages to have a P.O. Box? P.O . Boxes have many advantages over a personal home mailbox. To begin with, PO boxes are especially useful for those who live in areas where it is difficult for postal services to deliver mail. PO boxes are also a good thing to have if you travel a lot or are often outside the city. If privacy and security are your main concerns, choosing a PO box will be the best choice for you. Indeed, renting a P.O. Box address keeps your home address and important documents confidential. Do you own a home business? The rental of a post office box will also allow you to separate your personal mail from your business mail.
What are the disadvantages of having a P.O. box?
The rental of a post office box has only a few drawbacks. First, using a post office box for your mail means you have to drive (or on foot — depending on the proximity) to the local post office to pick up your mail. If you consider this a problem, renting a P.O. Box in your new city may not be the best option. Second, if your post office does not offer 24-hour service or extended hours of operation, you will not be able to pick up your mail at any time of the day. Thirdly, renting a P.O. Box costs money. So if your budget is tight, choosing a P.O. Box is probably not the best decision.
See also : Rent a holiday home at the last minute
How do I book a new P.O. Box?
If you Move to a new city, you probably have a long list of things to do before the big relocation. Fortunately, applying for a P.O. Box in your new home is a breeze. You can submit your application online or in person at a post office.
Here are the steps to take to book your P.O. Box online
- Register online and find a PO box available in your new location. To do this, tick here.
- Choose the size of the P.O. Box you want to rent.
- Choose the rental period of the P.O. Box. You can choose between a rental of 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.
- You will then need to create an account and start the application process.
- Once the application is completed, bring the printed form, your email receipt and two pieces of identification to the post.
To book your P.O. Box in person
- Print the La Poste form and fill it by hand.
- Bring the form to a post office that’s right for you.
- Once La Poste has verified your address and received your payment, it will provide you with your new P.O. Box address and begin your service.
- Get free moving quotes!
What are the different sizes of PO boxes?
P.O. Boxes come in five different sizes:
- Very Small – Holds 10-15 Letter Envelopes or up to 2 Rolled Stores
- Small – Capable of holding 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled stores.
- Medium — This size box allows for flat stacking of larger envelopes and magazines size.
- LARGE – This mailbox can hold two stacked shoe boxes and 10 to 15 letters.
- Extra Large — This is the largest post office box option in La Poste. The extra large box is capable of holding multiple fixed-rate boxes and parcels.
What can I use as a valid ID?
According to La Poste, when you arrive at your local post office, you will need one photo ID and another without a photo. All identification documents must be up to date, contain enough information to prove that you are who you claim to be, and they must all be traced back to you.
Acceptable photo identification includes: a valid driver’s license or state ID card; military, government, academic or corporate identity; a passport, a foreign registration card or a certificate of naturalization.
Acceptable forms of non-photo identification include: an existing lease, mortgage or trust deed; a voter or vehicle registration card; and a home or vehicle insurance policy.
What won’t work: Unacceptable ID cards include social security cards, credit cards and birth certificates.
How much does it cost to rent a P.O. Box?
The cost of renting a P.O. Box depends on the size of the PO box you want to rent, the length of rental and the exact location of your post office. You can see online the different prices for your post office.
A service automatically manages your mail
You don’t want to focus on managing your mail as it is laborious. You have to receive it, but also sort it out and this is the least interesting part. It is for this reason that you can delegate all tasks to professionals in this field and they will provide you with an effective and friendly answer. Indeed, Digidom is specialized in this universe and promises to save you long minutes every day.
- By offering this laborious task to these professionals, you will be able to enjoy three hours a day to use wisely for other services.
- You will then be much more productive and this allows you to have a P.O. Box and commercial address.
- Indeed, the steps are quite simple, just fill out the form to your disposition and/or call upon an adviser.
- Your most specific needs for this P.O. Box will be studied to the smallest detail and a formula will be proposed.
- The department manages other services such as accounting and even all legal matters.
If you want to transfer your company’s head office or adopt at most one post office box, the same can accompany you from A to Z. As a result, your P.O. Box can be identified in a city far away from your home. For example, you are not forced to live in the capital to have a company domiciliation in Paris. In addition, it’s the service that can take care of your mail so that you can focus on tasks that are much more productive and profitable for your business.
What is the cost of this service?
No need to break your piggy bank to enjoy all the advantages of this company domiciliation even in a prestigious municipality such as the capital. Indeed, there are several bearings and each time they correspond to specific formulas. You can then spend from 19 to 65 euros per month depending on your preferences and needs. The first offer includes sorting your mail, managing your mail and scanning through the cloud. If you want premises to receive your customers in the best conditions, you will be able to review the expense. It is for this reason that we advise you to contact a specialist, he can help you.
You will also have real professionals at your disposal, this saves you from wasting time looking for profiles on the right or left. All formalities such as the creation of the company and the transfer of the head office are carried out by lawyers. The latter work with this direct debit company and they have real skills. For the accounting of your structure, they are experts who have been selected for their fame and skills in this sector. You will then be perfectly surrounded thanks to thisformula.