Do you have a car trailer or caravan and have heard about the usefulness of the jockey wheel? We tell you everything in our article about the jockey wheel. Follow our tips to choose the right jockey wheel, an ideal wheel when equipped with a trailer or caravan.
Also to discover : Kilometric reimbursement: calculate mileage allowances
- What is a jockey wheel?
- What advantages to buying a trailer or caravan jockey wheel?
- How to choose your jockey wheel correctly?
- Jockey wheel for caravan: additional criteria
- Well equip your caravan and trailer jockey wheel
- Find your jockey wheel on the Internet
- Share and Enjoy!
Plan de l'article
What is a jockey wheel?
The trailer or caravan jockey wheel is a very special equipment that simplifies life. This equipment consists of a system designed for Hold heavy loads, a robust and adequate wheel and an automatic braking system. The trailer or caravan jockey wheel works forward or reverse and can usually lock with a padlock.
If you have a caravan or trailer, the jockey wheel for trailer or caravan will be very useful. Any trailer or caravan jockey wheel has a handling handle , which makes the equipment extremely maneuverable.
Others readers like : Tinted windows: legislation and regulations to know
A trailer or caravan jockey wheel attaches with a simple fastening and adjustment system. This wheel has been designed to withstand heavy loads and can be used when the trailer is coupled or uncoupled. The same applies to the caravan.
What advantages to buying a trailer or caravan jockey wheel?
If you hesitate to buy a jockey wheel, we’ll introduce you all the advantages of this ultra-convenient equipment. The trailer or caravan jockey wheel is durable and designed to last. It simplifies the sustainable movement of a trailer or caravan, which are extremely heavy elements.
Make your life easier with a trailer or caravan jockey wheel. As soon as you want to travel, whether in the utility sector (trailer) or for leisure (caravan), you no longer have to worry about having to move these tons of equipment. Once you have secured your trailer or caravan jockey wheel, you simply need to secure the equipment and move the trailer or caravan, coupled or uncoupled in a garden, for example.
Before buying a trailer or caravan jockey wheel, it is important to ask yourself the right questions and opt for a Quality product. To help you choose your trailer or caravan jockey wheel, here are some selection criteria to meet and anticipate.
How to choose your jockey wheel correctly?
Looking for a trailer or caravan jockey wheel? In order to choose the right product and reliable equipment, we list here the criteria to consider when you are interested in Jockey wheels:
- The diameter criterion : the diameter of the jockey wheel clamp is the essential criterion to think about before any purchase. The diameter of this jockey wheel clamp will be able to choose depending on the load but also standard equipment, if you have one. The most common diameter for a Jockey trailer or caravan wheel clamp is 48mm.
- Is the jockey wheel supplied with flange or without flange ?
- Find out more about the quality of the hose clamp of your jockey wheel
- What material do you want for the jockey wheel rim? You will basically have the choice between the metal rim and the plastic rim;
- What accessories will you need? Some jockey wheels are supplied with several accessories , while other equipment will need to be supplemented with a list of important accessories;
- Have you thought about taking a spare jockey wheel, in case of technical concern?
- In terms ofaesthetics , do you have any preference for your jockey wheel?
- Will your jockey wheel be used to support the load of a caravan or trailer?
Jockey wheel for caravan: additional criteria
If your jockey wheel is intended to bear the load of a caravan, it will be necessary ask you how much the maximum support load will be. Your equipment and accessories are chosen according to these criteria, to ensure perfect safety and compliance of the equipment.
The jockey wheel can usually hold loads from 200 to 300 kilos without problems. This weight corresponds to the pressure that will be sustained by the wheel. In electric jockey wheel model, the bearing load can be up to 350 kilos. The reinforced models of jockey wheels are of professional quality and will go up to 800 kilos of support loads.
It is for this reason that it is important to make the right choice, so as not to risk a route accident.
Well equip his caravan and trailer jockey wheel
By the way, you avoid theft by securing your jockey wheel with a padlock. Some jockey wheel kits are sold With padlock and security key.
The hose clamp should be well placed and firmly laid. That being said, it is highly advisable to disassemble your caravan or trailer jockey wheel as soon as you leave your caravan or trailer unattended. Whether on the public road, on a parking lot or in a campsite, keep this valuable equipment with you. You are sure to find the same installation facilities with the next use of the jockey wheel.
Maintain your jockey wheel well and equip yourself with the recommended accessories to ride safely.
Find your jockey wheel on the Internet
The Jockey wheel is today an equipment that is easily found with its accessories on the net. You can find a cheap jockey wheel on platforms like Amazon, and benefit from preferential rates on delivery (or even delivery) free).
There are many manufacturers of jockey wheels for caravan and trailer. You can access high-quality equipment through their websites or through their accounts on the Amazon platform, for example. Various models and prices are offered, depending on the criteria you choose, your needs and manufacturers.
To make sure you make the right choice of caravan and trailer jockey wheel, get advised by people who know each other.